The Fundamentals of Economics addresses the needs of those beginning their study of Economics as well as catering to individuals who are seeking to deeper their knowledge of its essential theoretical concepts.
Written in a clear and focused manner, this book offers the student of Economics significant layers of insight and depth, refining their critical thinking.
The Fundamentals of Economics has been written as a textbook to offer a complete introduction for the student of economics. It is designed to offer a solid grasp of the fundamental concepts of the subject, but also to afford its reader the opportunity to extend this knowledge further. For students following various sixth-form curricula such as the new IB syllabus and GCE A-levels, this book provides an excellent platform for the acquisition of the necessary economic theory and will challenge them to go beyond typical textbook analysis, in many cases.
As such, this book can comfortably serve as a First Year undergraduate study platform in the discipline. The author, who has over twenty years of teaching experience within the IB and GCE A-level environments, as well as tutoring undergraduate and postgraduate students of economics, wanted to take a step away from the case-study laden textbooks in circulation and offer a book that would be both comprehensive in nature and easy to read.
This book is currently in its Second Edition and continues to follow the tenets of precision that lay at the core of its initial conception.
The Fundamentals of Economics:
• Presents each topic with meticulous attention to detail
• Uses precise diagrammatic illustrations with accompanying theoretical analysis
• Explains and analyses economic theory in substantial depth
• Includes lesser-discussed areas of economic theory
• Introduces novel theories of Behavioural Economics, Circular Economic Model versus
• Linear Model Economics and more
• Inculcates in students an attitude of enquiry and delivers a strong focus on sustainability
• and economic well-being
• Includes summaries on each chapter, each with a concise overview of the material covered
The Fundamentals of Economics offers an excellent pillar upon which an understanding of economic theory can be built. It is a book that can be used comfortably in combination with other syllabus specific tailored books, whilst refusing to be confined to a single syllabus. As such, it challenges the student to go beyond any given current sixth-form syllabus and to gain the comparative advantage in their insight and depth of understanding.