Introduction To Health Care Management
Introduction to Health Care Management, Third Edition is a concise, reader-friendly, introductory healthcare management text that covers a wide variety of healthcare settings, from hospitals to nursing homes and clinics. Filled with examples to engage the reader's imagination, the important issues in healthcare management, such as ethics, cost management, strategic planning and marketing, information technology, and human resources, are all thoroughly covered.
Guidelines and rubrics along with numerous case studies make this text both student-friendly and teacher-friendly. It is the perfect resource for students of healthcare management, nursing, allied health, business administration, pharmacy, occupational therapy, public administration, and public health.
The Third Edition is a thorough update that offers new and revised case studies, a new glossary of terms, as well as a new chapter on Special Topics and Emerging Issues in Health Care Management that examines current topics including re-emerging outbreaks, vaccine preventable diseases, bioterrorism, human trafficking, violence in health care settings, medical tourism, and consumer directed health care.
* Chapters contributed by real experts using an active voice to grab the reader's attention
* Instructors' resources online for each chapter, including PowerPoints, Test Bank, and Sample Syllabus
* Updated case studies in a wide variety of settings, in an assortment of healthcare management topics
* A case study guide, with rubrics for evaluation of student performance, enabling instructors at every level of experience to hit the ground running on that first day of class
* Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access, a complete package of mobile-ready course materials including interactive eBook, study tools, and assessments